Baker Street
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Fundraising Ideas Empty Fundraising Ideas

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Kickstarter? IndieGoGo?

When should we start?

Grants? Who will write the proposals?

I want to do a Baker Street Bake Sale at our respective schools. Wouldn't necessarily raise much, but might be good publicity?

Admin
Admin

https://bakerstreetproject.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Fundraising Ideas Empty Re: Fundraising Ideas

Post by Naomi Javor Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 am

Kickstarter was fantastic for us, it gives the fans a drive to donate more because if you don't reach the goal, you don't get the money. BUT I NEED TO WARN YOU ALL - for any means of crowd sourcing, DO NOT use incentives like Mugs, T-shirts etc. These are hella expensive to have made (even on the cheap sites) and THEN you have to pay to mail them out to the individuals. For me, thats 600 people. SO. I recommend using incentives like "signed copies of a script" or behind the scenes prints or even things they could download, like soundtrack items. Cheap is your friend because the less you put into the incentives, the more you keep for the production. I'm sure this seems obvious, but the person who was in charge of my Kickstarter did not seem to think so haha so live and learn. Hope this helps.

Naomi Javor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Sat May 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Naomi and I Skyped, and while we mostly fangirled each others' projects (SWEATER VEST NERD), we also briefly discussed fundraising.

Two main things came up:

1. The option of doing a small campaign in June (c. 3k), to gauge interest, and plausibility of success, as well as how much we'll have to subsidise with grants or likewise, followed up with a larger campaign in August/Sept (c. 7k)?
OR
Doing a single, large, long-running campaign?

2. What are we going to do for incentives?
I really agree with Naomi's insight re: simple, and homespun, but what should the levels be? What should we offer?

Ex. signed script, pieces of wardrobe (party dresses?), posters, letters, cards, pictures...? pressed flowers?

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by MKMorris Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:36 pm

HEY. Love the homespun incentive idea, if I get a chance I'll look through some other successful kickstarter campaigns and mine them for ideas, but do we have a finalized list?
- wardrobe pieces and props are great, unless we have to mail them, in which case it pretty much would cancel out the amount that we get. Mail is stupid expensive.
- advance access to screen the series
- exclusive access to deleted or bonus scenes
- special thanks in the credits
- associate producer credits??
- visit the set (limit of 5)
- be an extra (limit of 5 or whatever)
- shout out in a BTS/EPK vlog
- twitter shout out, and we'll follow you!
- Sherlock solves a mystery about you!!
- digital download of the soundtrack
Is there any specific set dressing or SOMETHING that we could put someone's name on as an easter egg?

those are my thoughts! Loooooove from me!

MKMorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:34 am

So, I've run up a list of incentive ideas, which we'll have to finalise for Friday. But some of them WILL cost money, so I want to run them by you first.

$5:   "Thank You" on tumblr, and facebook.
$10:  Above, and a "Thank You" in film credits.
$25:  STATISTICALLY, the most frequently chosen option!! - Above, and a soundtrack download
$35:  Above, and early access
$50:  Above, and a signed poster
$100: Above, and behind the scenes videos
$150: Above (from $100), Set Pack (stickers, exclusive set photos, and custom Baker Street stationery set)*
$250: Above, (from $100) and the Bride Pack (paper prop replicas of Wedding Invitations, RSVP cards, and Guest Accomodation card)**
$500:  Above (from $100), and the Groom Pack (paper prop replicas of Tabloid Magazine, and Mycroft's signed book (as a notebook)***
$1000: Above (from $100), the Bride Pack, Set Pack, Executive Producer credit, we'll name a character for you, and offer an on-set Skype call with the cast/crew.

How do these sound?

*20 stickers per page = 9.99, or $154 for 1000 stickers at StickerYou.com (probably available elsewhere for cheaper)
**Not sure on pricing, but considering hand making/printing them anyway for less $$
***Custom notebook c.$20. Custom magazine = 7.00.

Considering we need at LEAST 3 custom magazines, and probably set dec wedding invitations anyway, buying in bulk is plausible, IMO, especially at the higher end of the donation scale. BUT I don't have as much experience, so what do you guys feel?

A set visit is a good idea, but can be distracting, and difficult. Just another body on set to worry about. Skye call a fair substitute?

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:49 pm

So basically, we decided to eliminate a couple levels of donation, and so this is my edited list! Let me know thoughts!

$5: "Thank You" on tumblr, and facebook.
$10: Above, and a "Thank You" in film credits.
$25: STATISTICALLY, the most frequently chosen option!! - Above, and a soundtrack download
$35: Above, and early access
$100: Above, and behind the scenes videos
$150: Above (from $100), Set Pack (stickers, exclusive set photos, and custom Baker Street stationery set)
$250: Above, (from $100) and the Bride Pack (paper prop replicas of Wedding Invitations, RSVP cards, and Guest Accomodation card)
$500: Above (from $100), and the Groom Pack (paper prop replicas of Tabloid Magazine, and Mycroft's signed book (as a notebook) <-- someone suggested something better last time, but now I can't remember...
$1000: Above (from $100), the Bride Pack, Set Pack, Executive Producer credit, we'll name a character for you, and offer an on-set Skype call with the cast/crew.

Admin
Admin

https://bakerstreetproject.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MKMorris Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:40 pm

I like! Add a tweet to the $5 level and change executive producer to Associate producer for the $1000 level - those are my notes!

MKMorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum